WowHaus

Contact WowHaus
Menu
1960s, Modernist, United Kingdom

On the market: The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

We don’t know a great deal about this place despite some searching around. So we’ll simply run with the The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire. Big thanks to Christian for the spot.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

The Boathouse is definitely the name, modernist the style and 1960s probably the era. It’s a house well maintained, but seemingly unchanged from its original design, both in terms of layout and general finish. A big plus for us.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Location is likely to be a selling point too. This place is positioned at the end of a private road on the banks of the River Thames, with the house taking full advantage of it. According to the agent, most rooms have extensive and even triple aspect views of the River Thames.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

But the house, as ever, is the star for us. Extensive glazing, wood cladding and a wonderfully open interior. That includes a galleried drawing / family room that overlooks the dining hall, featuring what we imagine is the original sunken seating area.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

The dining room below benefits from the double height ceiling and it is just one of five reception spaces here. There are also four bedrooms and two bathrooms within the 2,800 sq. ft. of accommodation.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Go beyond the four walls is the garden of course. At the front, you’ll find lawn, plants and trees, with the rear offering more of the same along with an outdoor swimming pool and  access to the River Thames towpath.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

£1,500,000 is the guide price.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Images and details courtesy of Hamptons estate agents. For more details and to make an enquiry, please visit their website.

The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Boathouse 1960s modernist property in Dorney Reach, Maidenhead, Berkshire

Property Location

  • Avis Furness

    The Dorney History Society website has a little bit of information. Land at Dorney Reach was sold off between the 1900s and the 1920s by Colonel Palmer of the Palmer family at Dorney Court. Three houses were built in the mid-20s, at the end of Dorney Reach Road, one of which was called Longwaters. From the website: “Between 1920 and 1945, boathouse on land belonging to Longwaters converted to living accommodation, known as The Boathouse. Planning permission to demolish and rebuild 1968.”